And now the work begins. Today, while I was at work, Scott removed a large climbing honeysuckle from the side of the house, put all the pine needles from the driveway out for pickup in the yard waste bin, patched dozens of tiny holes in the two small bedrooms preparing to paint and painted the ceilings in those bedrooms - needless to say, he's bushed tonight!
We went over to 3301 tonight after I got home from work to check out his progress and take down the living room curtains to have them dry cleaned. They are in surprisingly good shape for 50-year old curtains.
And then there's Joe. Joe is my new shop vacuum, complete with handle, accessory storage bag and big wheels to make it easy to move him from the dining room to the sunken living room, for instance.
I have the feeling that Joe and I will be really best buds over the course of the next few weeks. Coming up this weekend:
- Paint the office
- Paint the closets in both small bedrooms
- Replace the light fixtures in the hallway
- Pull up carpet in the two small bedrooms
- Clean the living room top to bottom
- Clean the small bedroom closet shelves and doors
- Clean everything else
- Pull up carpet in the living room
- Clean up the condo for the new owners
Should be fun! Along the way we're taking lots of before pictures. I can't wait to share them with you!